Pages

Tuesday 17 January 2012

My top favourite 5 Horror reads...

Everyone must have a list of favourite reads so here our mine and in no particular order...






No 1 The Season of Passage by Christopher Pike, a great mixture of horror and fantasy, a story within a story, a lonely space trip and vampire infection....lovely :)




No 2 No collection would be complete without a book from the master himself and in The Shining we have a very frightening horror story set in a desolate location...all adding to the horror!




N0 3  This little gem is a recent discovery by me (see my review below) it is more than a horror story but a deeply sad tale of survival.




No 4  A modern horror story by Gary Mcmahon who writes like a true veteran, the images and the sense of nihilism throughout provides a depressing yet unputdownable read....I can't wait to read more by this up and coming master of the horror genre.





No 5 This book was a real surprise to me and my first experience of Scott Sigler. It is a tantalizing mix of horror and humour and all done to great effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment