Pages

Monday 26 December 2016

Great writing from a great author

This is the first book I have read by Chris Brookmyre and it most certainly will not be my last. It is a first class mystery/thriller and the writing, plotting and characterization are of the highest order.

The story revolves around consultant/surgeon Diana Jager, her relationship with husband Peter and his mysterious so called death and disappearance. As the title Black Widow suggests the reader is confronted with the facts and evidence regarding this partnership and must decide if Diana is guilty of the unthinkable.

I was hooked from the first page and loved the twists and turns of this intricate plot as the author expertly teases the reader before revealing a totally unexpected and highly original conclusion.

I was gifted a gratis copy of this book for a fair and honest review and that is what I have written.

No comments:

Post a Comment